S.U.D.S. for the Writing Life
Greetings, writers. Here's something that's helped me. I hope you find it valuable.
S.U.D.S. is simple, yet powerful. It's a helpful
motto for many aspects of my own life, including writing projects.
What is S.U.D.S.?
The S.U.D. part of the acronym is from Arthur Ashe
(famed tennis player). Click → here.
The final “S” in S.U.D.S. is from me (famed blogger).
Click → here.
S = Start where you are. Acknowledge
how you feel and what the problem or challenge actually is that you face.
U = Use what you have. Consider also
how to reuse, repair, recycle relevant resources.
D = Do what you can. Take action
regarding what you discovered with “S” and “U” to move toward your goal.
S = Stay in your lane. I added this.
It comes from staying in my lane when I swim laps at the gym. I try to focus on
my own tasks and mind my own business.
When I remind myself of S.U.D.S. while doing anything I do,
I feel more grounded, focused, and hopeful.
Try it. See what happens when you apply S.U.D.S.
And an add-on is G.U.S.
You may be very familiar with these concepts already :-). I
just might put G.U.S. on a bumper sticker:
G = Get off your phone.
U = Use your turn signal.
S = Stay in your lane.
Cheers to you in your writing life!
Charlene
Comments
Post a Comment